Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Troubleshoot ADT Plugin Installation in Eclipse IDE for Android App / Application Development

I was just setting up my Windows 7 32-bit computer for developing android apps for the first time today and  successfully installed SDK for Android for Windows from here: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

The second step was to install ADT plug-in for Eclipse IDE which makes it really easier to develop apps in Eclipse. I was using Eclipse Galileo. Now while performing this step, I was encountering some errors like this:
"Can not complete the install because one or more required items could not be found."

After googling a bit, I found out that I need to install Google Plug-in for Eclipse Galileo before I can install the ADT plug-in for Android.

But again, Google plug-in could not be installed due to the same error. So I found out that I need to install another Software in Eclipse called "WST Server Adapters" and only after that Google plugins and ADT plugin can be installed.

And now, installation of Android has been successful.

After installing SDK, perform these steps to install WST Server Adapters in Eclipse Galileo:


  • In Eclipse under Help, select Install New Software.
  • In "Work with", select the option mentioning Galileo and under it go to Web services. There you can find "WST Server Adaptors". 
  • Choose “WST Server Adapters”, download and install it.
  • Restart Eclipse.

Install Google plugin for Eclipse Galileo using this link: https://developers.google.com/eclipse/docs/install-eclipse-3.5?hl=sv-SE


After this, install ADT plug-in using the instructions on Android's official page nad you'll be done.

Happy Android Development! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any Thoughts?